Know your rights. Use your rights. Learn how the Civil Rights Movement paved the way for your current rights today, what these rights are and how you can use them.
In celebration of Human Rights Day, the Center for Civil and Human Rights cordially invites you to attend our Human Rights 101 program. Held the weekend before Human Rights Day, it is designed to inform today’s youth on their civic responsibilities and rights as human beings. Hear from law enforcement and legal advocates as they address issues of concern in today’s social climate and learn how the American Civil Rights Movement of the 1950’s and 60’s paved the road for today’s fights for justice through social movements.
- The Roles of Youth in Historical Social Change Movements
- Knowing Your Rights as a Citizen
- The Making of a Movement and Pillars of Social Change
- Protecting Your Global Human Rights
- Guided Tour of The Center
- Conversations with Law Enforcement and Legal Advocates
- Reflective Comparison of Today’s Social Movements with Yesterday’s Justice Demonstrations