Celebrate National Chicken Wing Day with Bistro Off Broad’s Sweet & Spicy Thai Grilled Wings
Searching for a finger licking recipe to take National Chicken Wing Day up a notch on Monday, July 29, 2019? Serving up fresh, local, and affordable cuisine, Bistro Off Broad’s Executive Chef Alex Friedman has shared his wildly popular Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Chicken Wings recipe in honor of the holiday. According to Friedman, “What makes these wings so different from traditional wings is the chargrilling. It makes them healthier than fried wings, but also adds another dimension of flavor. The caramelization of the sweet and spicy sauce leaves you licking your fingers and wanting more.”
Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe:
Thai Chili Sauce
1 cup Mai Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
1/8 cup Soy Sauce
1/8 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
1 tbsp Sriracha
10-15 Fresh Jumbo Chicken Wings
1 1/4 cups Prepared Chili Sauce
1 tbsp Toasted White Sesame Seeds
1 tbsp chopped Scallions
Thai Chili Sauce
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan, bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer, reduce by 1/4.
3. Cool and reserve.
1. Marinate wings in half of prepared chili sauce for 4 hours.
2. Charr grill until sauce is carmelized and somewhat charred
3. Place on a baking sheet and cover with remainin sauce
4. Cook at 350 for 10-12 minutes
5. Remove from oven, arrange on plate. Pour remaning sauce from tray over top.
6. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
Bistro Off Broad, a chef-inspired dining experience located in historic downtown Winder, Georgia, is located at 16 E Candler St, Winder, GA 30680. For more information, visit www.bistrooffbroad.com. Stay connected on Twitter at @bistrobroad, on Instagram at @bistrobroad, and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Bistro-Off-Broad-129399941013597/.